Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lhasa Apso

The Lhasa Apso, a small dog of Tibet with appealing hairy countenance, has become one of the more popular breeds in the United States. Short legged, it stands 25-27.5 cm (10-11 in) at the shoulder and has pendant ears, and a tall curied over the back. The coat is heavy, straight, long, and very dense, with a profuse "fall" over the eyes. Lhasas come in a range of color, with or lionlike colors being preferred.

The Lhasa Apso often used as alarm dog and pet in its native Tibet. The Dalai Lama of Tibet customarily presented Lhasa apsos to visiting degnitaries as a gesture of friendship. Lhasa apso have thick hair so will be suitable to stay in a cold place like in the Tibet mountain.

Other related Dog:

2 comments:

  1. I have a Lhasa Apso and I am planning to get another one. My Lhasa is always happy and lively. He loves to run and play either inside or outside our house. One more thing I like about this breed is they enjoy daily walks. So I always take him with me. It is a great bonding time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for comment, you really have funny dog.

    ReplyDelete